What Skateboard Should a Beginner Get? – The Best Choice In 2021
Currently, the skateboard market is becoming more and more exciting, leading to more diversified products from brands. This is also the reason why many people find it difficult to figure out: “What Skateboard Should a Beginner Get?“. In this article, we will give you some tips to find suitable ones depending on your demand.
How to choose skateboard for beginners
Anyone who starts to play skateboard will have a difficult time choosing. Nowadays, countless brands are being born. However, this problem depends on many different factors and if you want to get a suitable skateboard product, you should pay attention to the following issues in choosing, in particular:
1. Define the category you want to choose
Choosing the right skateboard is not a simple thing. Specifically, with each different needs, you will have the right skateboard. Therefore, the first thing you need to determine is whether you want to play in the street or practice professionally.
Of course, you can use the same board for two different uses. However, the advice for you is, a product dedicated to a single function will be able to meet your needs in a better way.
There are three categories that players need to pay attention to choose the right skateboard product:
- Cruiser (also known as penny): This is the choice for the majority of movement on the street. Therefore, those who are passionate about this genre should consider in choosing tall boards with intricate designs. Because, using this type of skateboard requires board must be neatly designed so that you can carry it anywhere. However, if you have enough street skateboarding skills then the size selection problem will be easier too.
- Longboard: In general, this skateboard can be used on the street. However, it usually has a much bulkier design than the Cruiser. Therefore, this type is only suitable for those who have mastered the skills and is often used by men more than women.
- Trick skateboard: This type of skateboard is more special because it has two curved ends and will often help beginners to perform technical manipulations.
2. Should we choose second-hand skateboard?
Usually, beginners are often very concerned about spending a certain amount of money to be able to choose the right type of skateboard. Therefore, they tend to choose the used ones, mainly to try it out to see if it is the skateboard that they are looking for.
Accordingly, if the skateboard is not suitable, they are not too worried because the cost is not too high. For students who are not economical enough to choose a quality board, the use of second-hand goods is one of the optimal options to have a quality product at an affordable price.
However, choosing the old skateboard as a “double-edged sword” because you will not know its real quality. If you are lucky, you will find a set that sells for a lower price but stable quality. On the contrary, you both lose a fee and cannot use the product you have just bought.
Therefore, if you want to be sure about this issue, you need to be equipped with enough knowledge to be able to choose a better board. If you are still not confident enough, you can ask experienced people with such a long period of playing time to help you check and evaluate the quality of the board before buying.
What kind of skateboard should beginners get?
Skateboarding gradually becomes a new means of transportation and can express the personality of the user. The advice for beginners is to choose products with simple designs that can better serve the training process.
When moving around into crowded places, the use and control of the boards also become more difficult. Therefore, if you do not want to have any problems, you should not choose products with cumbersome or complicated designs.
Recommended 7 best skateboard templates for beginners
A perfect skateboard product for beginners not only meets the quality standards but also matches the player’s personality. If you are wondering about the selection, there are some recommended products as follows:
1. ChromeWheels 31 Inch Skateboard
A ChromeWheels 31 Inch Skateboard is considered a design model for all levels because the concave at the body, curving at the ends will often help you control speed and braking a lot easier. Besides, this is also a design that combines the sturdy grip along with a rough surface that can hold your feet more firmly.
This skateboard can ensure full safety for beginners. At the same time, it can be controlled easily, even on the roughest terrain that you can control the balance and speed in the most stable way. One special thing is ChromeWheels 31 Inch Skateboard can limit shock resistance due to the built-in PU wheel.
- It is designed for all levels like flying, traveling and applying other techniques.
- Carrying bag included.
- Robust construction and quality and reliability assurance.
- The underside of the deck can easily peel off.
2. KPC Pro Skateboard
If you are a beginner to skateboarding and are looking for an elaborate design product, then KPC Pro Skateboard is an option that you cannot ignore. It is one of the products which are design with a unique pattern. Therefore, riders can express their personality in the most powerful way.
However, this skateboard is recommended for beginners and children. Because the parameters of the board are relatively small, it is only suitable for children age 14 and up. Besides, you should pay attention to their structure because the board is usually made of lightweight aluminum, easy to loosen. If you want a smoother and more balanced movement, you need frequent adjustments.
- Sturdy material can be used in the toughest conditions.
- Can assist well in the implementation of concave techniques.
- Professional assembly.
- It must be used proficiently to maintain a steady speed.
3. Quest QT-NSC44C
Quest QT-NSC44C skateboards are generally suitable for adults. If you are a beginner, this is also an unmissable product. The type of board is designed mainly from hard maple wood, but the price fluctuates at a very reasonable level.
It is a good skateboard for you to walk around the small streets in town, along the beach, etc. With high-performance ABEC-7 bearings, it is very suitable for beginners. Accordingly, it will help you navigate quickly and easily.
For practicing or performing simple technical manipulations like flipping or ollie, which require precision, you should refer to a more suitable proposal.
- The deck is designed with curvature and stiffness, ensuring long life and daily use.
- The wood is beautiful and relatively complete.
- A big wheel is suitable for traveling.
- High-performance design.
- Only suitable for flight and racing maneuvers.
- Relative stiffness makes it virtually impossible to bend when standing.
4. Roller Derby Rd Skateboard
This is an option that can save you a lot of money because of its reasonable price. Many people have chosen these products and gave positive reviews. Despite its affordable price tag, the construction is very sturdy when it comes to 7 different layers of wood, the average 54mm wheel section and the Bevo Silver-5 ball bearing.
Do not worry too much because this low price can still guarantee you the complete quality for a smooth ride and maximum reliability.
In particular, this is also one of the top choices for you to bring out your personality. Because its colors and decoration are also very diverse, that can bring new inspiration to your practice better.
- Low price ensures quality stability.
- Fully assembled.
- Well controlling your speed and keeping it safe.
- Need long time to get acquainted with this skateboard.
5. Skatro Mini Cruiser Beginner Skateboard.
Skatro Mini Cruiser Beginner skateboards are manufactured with exclusive Skatro Flexy technology. Accordingly, it is under strict production supervision, ensuring high precision from the brand. At the same time, the product can achieve the best plastic flexure when in use.
Besides, the performance of the wheel is excellent and you can move with amazing balance and ease. If you are a beginner, this is a best option to minimize friction during use.
- Skatro Flexy Technology for optimum ductility. This makes the surfing smoother.
- Friction is limited.
- Ease of use.
- Due to its high ductility, balancing requires more professionalism.
6. Atom Drop Deck Longboard
Atom Drop Deck is a quality product of length so that beginners can easily conquer difficult roads. While other brands of skateboards only focus on speed, with its long designs, this product can make it easier for you to overcome obstacles more smoothly.
It is a safe choice for beginners if you want to have a perfect trip. Also, the Atom Drop Deck includes a firm grip on the handle and a close-fitting design of the foot. These can help you get the most out of your smooth jumps, even when sliding on the roughest, roughest surface.
- There is a wood section designed in many layers, creating durability and toughness when used.
- Wheels are highly elastic and ensure a smoother ride.
- High-speed bearings.
- Delivering top-notch experiences on rough surfaces.
- The deck is susceptible to damage.
- Not applicable for skillful techniques.
7. Penny Classic Beginner Skateboard
It is an interesting recommendation for those who like simple skateboards. If you are bored with the above complex suggestions, this is the product for you. Penny Classic Beginner Skateboard also shows outstanding and unique features through its color.
However, with this product line, depending on the different colors, the price will also be different. Besides, this skateboard set is also an original design, super lightweight to help riders easily control their feet. Also, the anti-slip pattern designs can give you a better grip.
- Better use on plastic floors.
- The large wheel can reduce the impact more effectively.
- It is suitable for all ages.
- Price is depending on the color.
- Not applicable to people performing skillful techniques.
Here are answers to the question: “What kind of skateboard should a beginner buy?” and some suggestions for suitable products. Hopefully, the article was able to provide you with the information you need to find the best skateboard that suits your demands.